Sometimes one just isn’t enough- this extremely popular class follows the same format as the previous decoration workshop but with new ideas and mould shapes to double your fun.
Over freshly brewed coffee and warm mince pies we will look at how to achieve a variety of effects in fused glass with lots of examples to inspire and inform.
We will be making an eye-catching candle screen in gorgeous kiln-carved transparent glass. learn about how to drape and slump glass to make a delicate trinket dish and tea-light holder to grace your festive table. Hang a rainbow of stars at your window and don’t forget a plate for Santa’s biscuits! It wouldn’t be Christmas without a little something for the tree- so get busy using mica powders and flakes for a little festive bling and frosty opal shades to complement your home.
Small group size (maximum 8 participants) ensures everyone gets expert guidance and support when they need it. Rachel is an experienced and enthusiastic tutor who will help bring your ideas to life
• Learn about a variety of accessory glass products and how to use them.
• How to cut and shape glass safely and accurately.
• Health and Safety in the studio.
• How to use fibre products and the basics of kiln carving.
• Using mica powders and flakes
• Hanging glass- hooks and channels
• Using frit, stringers and inclusions for added detail.
• Using slump and drape moulds to create 3D forms.
• Kiln preparation and firing schedules.
• Using kiln temperature to give different effects.
• Technical notes on the workshop to take home.
A delicious cold buffet lunch is included along with tea and coffee throughout the day.
No previous experience required, all tuition, tools and safety equipment will be provided, please wear closed toed shoes.
After the workshop your pieces will be fired and available for collection from the studio by appointment. Work can be posted out- additional charges will apply.
Information on your workshop will be emailed to you one week before the workshop date.
Class size – minimum 4, maximum 8 people.
Classes have a minimum size of 4 people and a maximum of 8. Where the minimum class size is not achieved Rachel Bower reserves the right to cancel the class. 24 hours notice will be given by email. In this event an alternative class will be offered or a full refund.
In the event that you need to cancel a booking the following charges will apply:
for cancellations up to 4 weeks before the course a 90% refund will be offered.
between 4 weeks and 1 week before the start of the course a 50% refund will be offered.
less than 1 week before the course no refund will be available.
In the event of unforeseen circumstances preventing the advertised class from running Rachel Bower reserves the right to offer a full refund, or an alternative course, venue or date. All reasonable steps will be taken to communicate the information to course participants.
This class takes place at:
• Nest, 30 Reform Street, Blairgowrie PH10 6BD
• Free parking is available on a Sunday in the carpark opposite the library on Leslie Street, PH10 6AN. From the car park head up Leslie Street to the junction with Reform Street and turn right. ‘Nest’ is the second building on the right.
• Blairgowrie is approximately a 1.5 hour drive from Edinburgh and Glasgow.