Create your own 2-tiered cake stand using a rainbow of soft pastels and vibrant transparent sheet and accessory glass and make a centrepiece to treasure. This afternoon workshop offers a hands-on introduction to the basics of firing and slumping glass and the results are always spectacular!
Over fresh coffee, delicious iced cakes and glasses of sparkling (non-alcoholic) fizz we will explore how to get a variety of effects using different products. You will learn how to cut and shape glass to bring your ideas to life and see your work loaded into the kiln at the end of the session.
Small group size (maximum of 8 participants) ensures everyone gets support as they need it and Rachel’s expert guidance is on hand to ensure your ideas can flourish.
• How to cut and shape glass safely and accurately.
• How to use fibre products and the basics of kiln carving.
• Using frit, stringers and inclusions for added detail.
• Basics of fusing and slumping in the kiln
No previous experience required, all tuition, tools and safety equipment will be provided, please wear closed toed shoes.
Your finished piece will be drilled, slumped and mounted with silver coloured hardware and be ready for collection from the studio by appointment. Alternatively, work can be posted out- additional charges will apply.
Information on your workshop will be emailed to you one week before the workshop date.
Class size – minimum 4, maximum 8.
Classes have a minimum size of 4 people and a maximum of 8. Where the minimum class size is not achieved Rachel Bower reserves the right to cancel the class. 24 hours notice will be given by email. In this event an alternative class will be offered or a full refund.
In the event that you need to cancel a booking the following charges will apply:
for cancellations up to 4 weeks before the course a 90% refund will be offered.
between 4 weeks and 1 week before the start of the course a 50% refund will be offered.
less than 1 week before the course no refund will be available.
In the event of unforeseen circumstances preventing the advertised class from running Rachel Bower reserves the right to offer a full refund, or an alternative course, venue or date. All reasonable steps will be taken to communicate the information to course participants.
This class takes place at:
- Nest, 30 Reform Street, Blairgowrie PH10 6BD
- Free parking is available on a Sunday in the car park opposite the library on Croft Street, PH10 6AN. From the car park head up Leslie Street to the junction with Reform Street and turn right. ‘Nest’ is the second building on the right.
- The venue is about 1.5 hours from Edinburgh, Glasgow and Aberdeen.